Adventures in Marriage
A Weekend Conference, March 15 – 17, 2024
Friday 7pm – 9pm
Saturday 9:30am – 2:45pm
Sunday 2pm – 4pm
$195 per couple
Friends of the Family is bringing Adventures in Marriage from Florida to the West Coast! This internationally recognized conference is one of the very best relationship education programs in the field. Most couples do not know “how” to be married. They never learned the right way to build a strong marriage that will last. Instead they grew up watching unhealthy relationships and then assumed somehow their marriage would turn out different.
This weekend conference is a highly interactive program that teaches couples the practical “hands on” skills essential to build a healthy, thriving marriage that can go the distance. Adventures in Marriage helps couples discover better ways to meet one another’s needs, communicate, resolve conflicts, express anger, avoid dirty fighting, and understand how their personality styles impact relationships for better or worse.
Fun, practical, and easy to learn, Adventures in Marriage is appropriate for couples at any age or stage. It is designed to reach couples across the spectrum – it helps couples with good marriages discover how to have a great marriage, and it helps distressed marriages reboot and learn a much better way.
What is Adventures in Marriage?
This conference is NOT a counseling program. Adventures in Marriage combines Christian principles with the latest research, and teaches couples practical, attainable skills anyone can learn — skills to love well and create the marriage they have always wanted.
This conference will help you
- Recognize when your communication style is more of a problem than the actual problem you are facing
- Develop the ability to feel genuine empathy for your partner instead of secret resentment
- Express yourself clearly so that your thoughts and feelings can be recognized and understood without causing your spouse to feel defensive, resentful, overwhelmed, manipulated or inadequate
- Avoid the mind reading that so often leads to misunderstanding between couples, and learn to avoid assumptions
- Express and accept anger without destroying love
- Fight in such a way that you resolve the issues at hand and actually feel closer to your spouse
- Acknowledge and enjoy the differences between you and your spouse, rather than seeing him/her as a threat
- Understand what went wrong in previous relationships or what is going wrong now
Come away with us on a great adventure to discover how to build the marriage you have always wanted with the spouse you already have!
Your marriage is worth it.
I have never felt so good about my relationship with Tori!!!! I did things this weekend I never thought I could say or do. You brought out a different person that I never thought was there…
The way you explain things and go into depth is so interesting. I was amazed at how I got so involved in this retreat. I am smiling right now thinking about what I learned and how I can become a better husband, Dad, and friend.
Tori and I continued to have amazing discussions on the way home. We learned more about each other this weekend then we ever have. Tori and I talked about how we have best friends now. We both never had a friend to talk to. We have each other now!! … I still have a lot to learn but now I have the tools to do it!!
Thanks again, I can’t say it enough!!!!
Adventures in Marriage is co-authored by Dr. Lori H. Gordon, one of the leading pioneers in the national marriage education field and creator of the PAIRS programs and Richard Albertson, Founding President of Live the Life and author of the Start Smart premarital program.